Friday, January 20, 2012

One of those days...

Some days make you want to scream, don't they???

Today has been one of those days...it started out with the dog peeing on the floor of the boys' room.  Yuck.  This single event had the power to make us late.  For everything.  Threw breakfast at the kids, shoved them out the door, jumped in the car for yet another long trek out to Eagleville.  We were actually barely on time for Alyssa to go to school - small victory!

Went and worked out - that was good - made me feel like a rock star that I can do a resistance of 10 and most of the "New Years Resolution" crowd beginners around me could barely do a 1.  I know, mean, but it made me feel good about how far I have come...

Anyway, ran a bunch of errands - decided to go to lunch at one of my favorite places "Taco Express" (soon to be renamed Oscar's Taco Shop, since they are related)...Took Ashleigh (who is potty training) to the bathroom a zillion times.

Then, Kristen and I went to Sam's Club to renew our membership.  We were able to save a little money and get a business membership, due to my job...we walked around for a bit - about 1/2 an hour, and checked out.

Clay met me in the parking lot to get his lunch from my car.  And then, my husband, who is the person who probably wouldn't notice if I stood on the street corner with my entire body painted neon orange said, "What is on your pants???"  Um.  I don't know.  What does it look like?  I am afraid to look.  "Well, poop.  It looks like poop." 

Oh man.  I had been walking around Sams for over 1/2 an hour and I had something nasty on the back of my pants?  Kristen - I owe you one!  I sneaked a look.  "Yup.  It looked like poop.  But, we determined that I must have sat in some nasty looking refried beans at lunch.  Clay sponged me off (Bless him) and I continued on my errands.

Later on, we were on our way back from the eye doctor getting #1's new glasses.  We had 3 children screaming at us.  Like banshees.  It was awful, couldn't even drown them out with loud music.  So, I did what every other self-respecting parent would do.  I pulled over to the side of a country road.  Pulled out my book, and told them that we would be sitting there until they stopped.  At first, I don't think that they believed me.  But after 5 minutes, when I was still reading my book, and it was getting darker and they were getting hungrier, they decided to shut their pieholes.

We continued on our way.  Only to have another tantrum at home.

So, now I have a headache.  And need chocolate.  And a vacation.  From my kids.  And my house.  And winter.  And bills.  And doctor appointments which create more bills.

I think that I am going to bed early tonight.  With a bag of chocolate chips and a pile of new library books....Pure bliss!

1 comment:

The Peters Family said...

I love this post. Sorry you had a bad day! I can totally totally relate to crappiness.
You crack me up in the way you write it.