So, I am a
stalker follower of Becky's blog and today I noticed that she tagged me to post...Good for me because I am rapidly losing the month of February and I put on my bucket list that I was going to blog at least 2 times/month...So - here is post #1 for February...
Four things that I am obsessed with lately:
1. Trying to get my kids under control...they are crazy little lunatics right now...not sure if it is just that they are stir-crazy or what, but enough already!
2. Reading...Reading is my escape from, well....everything...I have been reading a lot the past few months...probably because my kids are driving me crazy!
3. Fabric remnant bins...you find the cutest little pieces of cheap fabric in the remnant bins! Perfect for little skirts or shorts. Not for me - for my kids...I couldn't squeeze my left toe into a fabric remnant!
4. Thinking of new ways to make my little house feel bigger...it isn't working...yet. I have a lot of ideas that I am anxious to implement...I think I am going to get rid of all the furniture and we can just sit on cushions on the floor...that should make it feel very spacious, don't you think???
4 Things I'm Good At:
1. Cooking. I am a good cook. Not afraid to say it. I really enjoy cooking, it relaxes me. Baking really makes me feel happy, but I have to be careful, because if I bake too much, then my jeans don't fit and then I am sad.
2. Knowing my body. When something is going wrong - I usually know. A few weeks ago, I just felt awful. No energy, wanted a nap everyday, depressed, etc. I decided to go have my thyroid checked and sure enough, I needed a medication increase. If I had waited until my regularly scheduled appointment, the problem would have been a lot worse. I am happy to report that after a few weeks on the new dose, my energy is coming back and I feel SO much better.
3. My job. I enjoy my little piddly part-time job that helps pay the bills. I've done it over 7 years now (closed loans) and I am really good with the people. The break is nice too...I also like how it allows me to be with the kids as much as possible...Some days that is more of a blessing than others ;)
Telling people what to do Giving Advice. Yes, I am bossy. I read a lot and I have been through a lot and I research things out. So, if you come to me with a problem, or just need to vent - I am a jack-of-all-trades at helping out.
4 Things I'm Looking Forward to This Year:
1. School starting in the fall...whoops, did I say that out loud? I mean, for goodness sakes, it isn't even spring yet...I have to admit that I really dread the dog days of summer when my kids are bored out of their minds and can't go outside because it is too hot...I think that the start of school is a relief to all of us!
2. Spring. I love Spring. I want to plant flowers and plants. I hate how dead everything is right now...My house needs some color on the outside, but I have to wait until it is warm...
3. Ashleigh being completely potty trained. We are almost there...so close. A few accidents here and there, nothing major. We haven't bought pull-ups in weeks. This will be the 1st time in over 12 years that we haven't had to buy diapers...
4. A trip. I don't know where we are going - Disney World will probably not be for us this year since they are being super stingy with the discounts (the only way we could afford it before)...But, we are going somewhere, even if it is only for a few days.
4 Foods I Eat the Most:
1. Mexican Food. Love it, love it, love it...Especially the shrimp quesadillas that I have been making lately, and chips and good salsa...Mmmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmmmm...
2. Fruit. I am really on a fruit kick right now. Pineapple (even though it makes my throat itch), mandarin oranges and the little cuties, strawberries, etc.
3. Soup. Usually I make a crockpot of some type of soup every week. It stretches the budget and feeds us for a few days so that I don't have to cook dinner every night. Taco Soup, White Chicken Chili, and homemade chicken noodle are my "go to" soups.
4. Celery. The past few weeks I have been craving celery like it is going out of style...Can't get enough. I looked it up and found out that if you are working out more (which I am) then you crave celery because your body needs more sodium...Interesting.
5. And I had to add chocolate. I don't eat it every day, or all the time...but I have to admit, if I am stressed or having a bad day, a piece of Dove Chocolate is just what the doctor ordered!
4 Things I Want to Teach My Kids:
1. To be self-sufficient. Nuff said.
2. To be good citizens and respect others.
3. To love Heavenly Father first, and have a relationship with Him.
4. To clean up after themselves. Sure wish this one would happen soon!
4 Things I'd Do if I Were a Billionaire:
1. Pay off all my bills.
2. Pay off my parents house so my dad could retire, and send them to Scotland and Ireland...my mother's dream.
3. Take my entire family on vacation - no spending limits.
4. Help others in any way that I can. Paying off people's layaway's at Christmas like the people in the news last Christmas, helping people make a difference in the world.
4 People I Tag:
I think that there are a few people (maybe two) that read my blog...oh, and no fair putting both Kristen and I as one person, Becky...that way we can't tag each other!
1. So, I'm still gonna tag Kristen, because I beat her on completing this assignment!
2. Jen (Yes little Miss Mayberry Jen, that's you!)
3. Lisa (If you are reading this...it has been WAY too long since you blogged, girl!)
4. Lois (well, if you had a blog...you really need one - way too many cute grandkid stories!)
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!