Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Clever Little Orphan Kids...




Just came across these pictures and I had to post them...

The weekend before my brothers wedding last month, we were all out at Mom and Dad's property getting ready for the reception. Karen, Kristen and I were working on stringing lights in the trees, and the kids were all running around like heathens! We had just mowed down the garden, as it was an eyesore, and they were playing in the empty space. A while later, we looked over and saw that they were all munching on watermelon. They found a watermelon that was left over, used a garden shovel, and cut it open themselves...each of them had a big hunk of watermelon and they had huge grins - they were so pleased with themselves!

When I went over to get some pictures, I noticed that they had a little tray with some green tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and peppers all lined up. They explained that we didn't have to worry about feeding them dinner (they were hungry, I think - since we were pretty busy and neglecting them!) that they were just going to cut up these raw (bleck) vegetables and that would be fine! I assured them that we were planning on feeding them, so they probably shouldn't eat the dirty, raw veggies!

What funny kiddos we have! In the pictures are my 3 older kids, Zach, Reagan, and Emma and Kristen's two older kids, Blake and Trevor.

3 comments:

The Peters Family said...

I'm so glad you're on here!

Meri said...

Jen, Glad to see you have started a blog. I hope you don't mind but I added you to the family blog: http://all-enthefamily.blogspot.com/

I also have a web site: http://web.me.com/meri.allen/Site/Welcome.html

and a photo gallery: http://gallery.me.com/meri.allen

Feel free to drop by any time.

Meri Allen

Kristen said...

We are so lucky they didn't get some terrible disease that day! Hey...maybe that is where Blake's ringworm came from?!